We are seeking a professional fully remote from anywhere to design, implement and deploy Infor/Hexagon EAM software solutions that have been configured to accommodate unique transit industry operating and management processes, regulatory requirements, and other business needs. This position requires frequent company-paid travel.
- Provide solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Help to set tactical direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility.
- Interact with senior management levels at a client and/or internal level, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
- Assist in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments. (Decisions have a lasting impact on area of responsibility with the potential to impact outside area of responsibility.)
- Manage tactical teams and/or work efforts at a client or internally.
- Support and develop activities related to end-to-end project management, including project plans and estimates, scoping and requirements through initiation to implementation and deployment
- Proactively monitor, manage and report on execution of deliverables
- Consult on Asset Management best practices (encompassing maintenance, inspection, and reliability) leveraging the capabilities of the Infor/Hexagon EAM application (both core and mobile)
- Facilitate and lead requirements gathering workshops with the ability to identify and analyze business need
- Develop detailed business cases and requirements/specification documentation
- Develop gap analysis of current/desired business process and system capabilities
- Design solutions incorporating out-of-box functionality and/or collaborative solution design with technical teams for custom functionality
- Identify areas of system optimization based on client usage and business processes
- Develop system reporting solutions based on business needs (in the form of Queries, Inboxes, KPIs and Dataspys)
- Create, validate, execute and document test cases
- Lead or assist in data analysis, transformation and migration efforts
- Assist in the development of end-user training and reference materials
- Perform or assist in end-user training
- Assist in implementation go-live and post-go-live activities
- Support requests from users to research system problems or errors, and to assist in their resolution
- Facilitate knowledge transfer and documentation to client personnel
- Provide technical evaluation of proposed technical solutions and provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration work including mobile
- Provide Infor/Hexagon EAM system functional and technical guidance to the Program Manager and other team members
- Communicate and enforce system standards
- Minimum 2 years Infor/Hexagon EAM experience, v 11 and higher
- Experienced in Work and Asset management functions of Infor/Hexagon EAM (Work Orders, Planning, Equipment, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years enterprise asset management system delivery services, leading solution development teams
- Minimum 2 years of client side experience in EAM implementations
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project
- Abiltiy to travel 48 weeks/year when needed.
- Transit and/or Rail EAM experience
- Experienced in all aspects of Infor/Hexagon EAM (Work, Equipment, Materials, Projects, etc.)
- Experience leading and building t Asset Management practices
- Experience leading and managing EAM projects both large (global) and small (single site)
Next Generation, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. Next Generation, Inc. is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination or harassment. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Next Generation, Inc. does not discriminate against any applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. At Next Generation, Inc., we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.